Key Stage 2 Writing Competition
Date: 7th Oct 2019 @ 11:05am
To Parents/ Carers,
We want St Paul’s to be a writing school! We want to celebrate all the talented writers in our school and encourage our pupils to be creative and imaginative writers. With this in mind, we are opening up a writing competition for our Key Stage 2 children each half term this year.
As we will soon be celebrating St Paul's 175th Birthday, the theme for the first writing competition is a celebration of St Paul’s.
Your child, as the writer, has the freedom to decide what genre of writing they produce! Some ideas might include:
- A short fictional story about a past pupil of St Paul's.
- A diary entry / several entries of a past or future pupil.
- A recount of a wonderful time they’ve had at St Paul's.
- A settings description of St Paul's (feel free to include illustrations too).
- A newspaper report about the upcoming birthday.
- Any other piece of writing that you think celebrates our school!
The winner will:
- Use their imagination.
- Be creative.
- Present their writing nicely.
- Have tried their best.
The winning piece of writing will be published on the new school website! The winner will also receive a £20 Amazon gift to spend on writing or reading materials.
Entering the competition
All entries should be handed in to Miss O’Donoghue or the school office on or before Friday 25th October. The winner will be announced the week after half-term break, commencing Monday 4th November.
Good luck and have fun!