Welcome to St Paul’s Parent Teacher Association
The Parent Teacher Association (PTA) is a charitable organisation whose purpose is to organise and take part in fund-raising activities for the school and to promote a sense of community within the school. The PTA seeks to provide closer links between home and school, and it is an excellent way to bring staff, parents and friends together socially in support of the school, working towards a common goal. It is fun too - just ask any of the PTA committee members or helpers. Obviously as in any organisation, there are times when it is more ‘challenging’, but with the continued support of parents and staff, our PTA has always succeeded in its efforts.
All parents and members of the school community can get involved if they want to, even if they only have a small amount of time available, and all parents are automatically members of the Association when their children join our school.
The Committee meet on a regular basis usually once or twice per half term, with smaller working groups meeting as necessary to organise larger more complicated events. See the 'Minutes and Meetings' page above or notices in book bags for more information.
You can also download our welcome new parents.
How You Can Get Involved
There are lots of ways you can help and support your child through the PTA:
- Come to any PTA meeting (you don’t have to become a committee member!) and feel free just to come and listen to what we talk about.
- Register with www.easyfundraising.org.uk to help raise funds for the school whilst you shop on line at no extra cost to yourself. You can shop with over 2,000 retailers and each will donate a % of what you spend. For example John Lewis will donate 1%, Amazon 2.5%, Tesco Direct 1% and Marks & Spencer 1.5% etc. It's really easy to register, simply log onto www.easyfundraising.org.uk click on 'Find a Cause' and select St Paul's CE Primary Withington. Fill out the quick form to register your details then find and click on the retailer you want to shop with and shop as you would normally. You can also download the 'Find and Remind' tool so that whenever you shop online it will flag up if the retailer participates in the easyfundraising scheme. This way you will never miss the chance to make a free donation.
- Help with the organisation or running of an event. Offering to help before events or at other times during the year is so valuable – it really is a case of ‘many hands make light work’. It doesn’t matter if you can’t help on a regular basis, or even if you can’t come into school. There are always little jobs that can be done from home if you have half an hour to spare e.g. baking cakes, preparing raffle tickets etc. We really couldn’t achieve what we do without the unseen ‘army of help’ that exists in school.
- If you have any suggestions, comments or fundraising ideas for the PTA, or if you would like to receive information from the PTA by joining our mailing list please email us here, (we won't pass on your email address to anyone else).
- Let us know if you have any particular skills that could be useful to the PTA or if you have any contacts that could help us and support our fundraising.
- Life is busy... and if you simply do not have time to attend meetings or occasionally help out and volunteer, you can still support the PTA. You can make donations directly to the PTA's bank account by clicking *here*. And finally... as a thank you for any donations, your name will be entered into an annual prize draw!
If you would like to get involved in any way please come to a meeting to meet us or email us via the link above, and we hope that you have a long and happy association with St Paul’s and the PTA.