One Voice Agenda - 11th January 2022
Date: 11th Jan 2022 @ 11:49am
One Voice Spring Term 2022
Happy New Year everyone!
Can we remember the 5 key things to do that keep our minds and bodies healthy?
(Connect /active /take notice/learning/giving and being kind)
Miss Lee spoke about kindness and giving in our assembly on resolutions last week. What have you given to someone recently? It does not have to be a physical gift! Your time, advice, friendship etc. Try your best to be kind to others and others will be kind to you. Make 2022 the year for kindness!
Year 5/6 Sports Leaders organised a hockey tournament in school and it was a great success! The winners will be announced in assembly on Friday. Year 3/4 Leaders will be organising one for their key stage after half-term.
Sports leaders are now wearing bright orange bibs so you know who they are! Sports Leaders do help you have fun the pitch and try to make things equitable. Please do listen to them and go to them for help if you need it.
Calling all book lovers… Mrs O’Connor is looking for Reading Ambassadors! Their role will include:
· Helping to keep the library organised
· Ideas and preparing for World Book Day
· Sharing the Author of the Month
You will have regular meetings so make sure you can commit. Could children who are interested (in Year 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6) please complete an application/ poster explaining your love for reading and give to Mrs O’Connor before the end of next week (Friday 21st January 2022)
Children need to wash their hands and get their coats before lunch time/at the end of the day quietly and sensibly. Some children being very noisy and generally being silly. Why is it important that we be sensible and quiet when doing this? Which right do this link to?
Rights and Respecting School
In one of our last One Voice sessions before Christmas, we talked about St Paul’s taking part in the Outright Campaign. Can you remember what this is for?
Mental health and children’s rights (Recap- Mental health refers to how we think, feel and behave, this changes and that is okay).
We linked mental health with articles, can you remember any of them?
· Article 2- No discrimination (race, background, gender etc)
• Article 3 -The best interests of the child must be a top priority in all things that affect children.
• Article 12- Every child has the right to be heard and taken seriously
• Article 13- Freedom of expression and to receive true information
• Article 24- The right to a clean and safe environment (and the best possible health)
• Article 29- Education must develop every child’s personality, talents and abilities to the full.
Thank you everyone!